Monday, May 01, 2006

Fast update

Father-in-law admitted to hospital Sunday. Spent most of yesterday and today at the hospital with him. Yesterday he was extremely disoriented. His blood pressure was stroke level. Today he is a bit better. They are still evaluating him. He may have to go to skilled nursing for a while.

They are sending me plenty of transcription work, thank the Lord. If I can just fit it in. I typed til midnight last night, and got back up at 4:30 this morning to work. And I'm back at it tonight.
I'm not complaining. I just need strength to get it done.

Along with Daddy, put my Granny on your prayer list. She has been real sick as well. They recommended hospitalization, but she didn't want to go. She is taking medication and being monitored at her home in the assisted living facility. Remember my paternal grandparents as well. My paternal grandfather is in the nursing home in Humboldt. I have posted about him before, and his wife, my other Granny needs your prayers to cope.

I don't know what I was doing that made the Devil so mad at us, but he's throwing arrows right and left. Won't do him any good. I'm solid. Talk later when I get caught up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough times, I know. I will keep your family in my prayers.

BTW, I like your little video addition. :-)

Diane Viere said...

Blessings to you my friend.

I'm so glad you have plenty of work to do--and hope you are enjoying your new job. How wonderful that you can work from home....and keep in touch with all your loyal blogging devotees!

God Bless you and yours today.

Diane

Sonya said...

You're reaching people and touching lives in a helpful, positive way, the devil doesn't like that LOL. But sometimes, God allows things in our lives to strengthen our faith.

I'll pray for your extended family members.

someone else said...

Hang on! As I'm sure you know, God is in control.

Anonymous said...

i love your attitude! you have my prayers for all of your family!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that I'm associating with fine women like yourself! You are strong. That devil is going after Christians-we must remain firm! Good for you!

That devil has been after my family for a while now also but I'm only getting more and more determined...I went thru my mini depression and my pity parties, but overall, I am more strong for it. I wish we didn't have to go thru these trials/temptations but we do.

May God continue to bless you and give you peace.