Friday, May 05, 2006

I Have a Dream

Today was Field Trip Day for my son. We visited Land Between the Lakes Nature Trail. It was a beautiful day for a hike which ended in a picnic at Golden Pond. Yes, there really is a place called Golden Pond. Afterwards, we drove through the Bison and Elk Range, but were disappointed to only see one elk and a few bison. On our drive home we stopped at Fort Donelson, where we saw eagles nesting high in the trees as we drove through the historic battlefield and viewed the trenches along the banks of the Cumberland River. My son was especially enthralled with the cannons in the bunkers along the river bank. It was a great day of fun and play.

While on the road the three of us brainstormed about my novel. I couldn't wait to get home and jot the notes down on paper before I forgot them. And now I can't wait to get back to writing. It's like a big secret I've got and can't wait to tell. The notes themselves filled up three pages front and back. My son wants to do the artwork for the cover. I told him he could help make posters to promote my book once it's published. And of course they both get their names printed on the dedication page. Now that's faith isn't it, speaking of those things that are not, as though they were. My husband always said I never had any goals of my own. Now I have a dream...

5 comments:

Chris Beason said...

That is faith!

Thanks for joining the Noble Wife Blog Ring. I've got you added to the rotation now!

In His Love,
Annette

Diane Viere said...

And what a good dream it is!

Smiling...with you!

Diane

Anonymous said...

My dream is to live in a place that has scenery like that within a decent drive from where I live. (Dallas/Ft. Worth) I'm surrounded by a concrete jungle. I do remember the nice places I would go to, though, when I lived in Nashville.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Thanks for visiting my blog. I was reading one of your previous posts about your novel. Wish I could write a book. Yours sounds really interesting. It's good to have a dream...although isn't it old men who dream dreams? ;o)

Lisa said...

It all starts with a dream...