Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Spittin' Mad

Ok. I've spent two hours trying to get the comments off the main page. I've tried inserting the ItemPage tag in the template, but I must be inserting it in the wrong place. I'm frustrated. I want my blog back to normal. There's got to be an easier way of doing this. I almost started a brand new blog, but I hate to have to redirect traffic and lose my stats from this one. I'm aggravated to say the least. If I pick a new template, will it save all my posts and comments? What will I lose, my links and rings? I wish I had just left well enough alone instead of adding all the cute stuff. I just thought that posts only were so blah. Now I've wasted two hours of writing time on this. Makes me want to go back to paper and pen. Sigh. How's your day going?

5 comments:

Rachel Starr Thomson said...

Yipes. Having blog trouble? Sorry to hear it :(.
Hey, I just noticed that you have my blog listed in your links... thanks!
I'm doing pretty well. There hasn't been much time for blogging lately but hopefully that will soon change. Thanks for checking in.

rena said...

You said, "how's your day going?"

Evidently, better than yours...sorry to hear you're having blog troubles. I love everyone elses blogs with photos, and links, and flashy little cute things that go bling bling...would love that on mine (which is on the same template as yours BTW)...but if I try, I know I'll just break something....so I'm sticking with boring and safe. Hope it all works out and you manage to recoup that writing time.

Rena

Big Dave T said...

I won't change anything on my template, just for fear I'll never be able to fix it.

BTW, that clock (watch?) is also blocking a few words as I view your page here.

My day? The doc's office is back to hassling me again today. I thought doctors had no time for patients. Mine sure has plenty of time for me.

Anonymous said...

Little by little you are getting there Cindy. You got the comments working again. Be patient. It will work out.

And to Big Dave, up above, the clock issue might have to do with the browser you are using. I did have that problem with Firefox, but not with IE. They both have their pros and cons as far as interpreting html. Since Cindy has been tinkering with the blog, though, I don't have that problem in Firefox anymore.

Diane Viere said...

I can so relate! As you know--I had my own run-in with tech problems yesterday. I have learned to FEAR that template!

Even without doing anything wrong--after someone posted a comment at 12:15 yesterday afternoon---my template shattered. Did you know a template could shatter? Well--it can and it did!

Thanks for helping me out yesterday--in between the doctoring you were doing on your site. Keep tweaking it girlfriend--I'd miss you--don't give up--I love visiting!

Diane