Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Sweetheart

On January 18, 1968, my husband CWG, Jr. came into this world. And I imagine, if I know him at all, he did not come quietly. His daddy says he waited up all night for him to arrive, which is no surprise to me, because I spent 30 years of my life waiting on him to arrive, and the last 10 years waiting on him for everything else. Just kidding honey.

It's a special day for a special man. He's the World's Best Father, my son says. And CWG III is never wrong. He loves baseball, horse racing, and fine dining. He has a massive baseball card collection. And an even bigger heart. He is a salesman. And that should have warned me from the start. I was sold on the first date. Ladies, he is a charmer. Oh, and he writes gospel songs. He even has a tape out. If you would like one, shoot me an email. He usually gets a 10 dollar donation for them at singings and such, but for you, he might give a discount. He has even gotten a royalty check here and there. Now, that is an accomplishment.

This June we will be married 10 years. I have to say he is a very special person to have put up with me so long. I will give him credit for that. I'm not easy to live with, but thanks to his BiPap machine for sleep apnea, he doesn't have to listen to me ramble at night. He just grunts an "uh huh" every now and then. And I don't have to hear him snore.

I love you Babe, Have a Happy 38th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday CWG III!!!! Thanks for giving us a little insight into your birthday boy....and your marriage! It looks like you might have a great outline on this posting for what it takes to make a good marriage--love, appreciation, humor, patience.....and a creative set of communication skills! I hope you both had a great day....and look forward to a cyber-space-celebration in June for your 10th wedding anniversary.

Diane

C. H. Green said...

Actually the birthday boy is Charles, Jr., but he appreciates the sentiment just the same. Great to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Anonymous said...

This is the third time I am going to try to say Happy Birthday to Charles. It's the first time I've ever tried to comment on the blog. Charles we love you because you are a good Dad to that precious little boy and you love our niece. We are just one day late so that's not too bad. We do love you and wish you a wonderful year. See you all soon!! Aunt M.