Monday, December 11, 2006

Shop But Don't Drop

Well, you know how I hate shopping at Wal-mart this time of year. I love their prices, but I hate the hassle. Ever since the advent of computers and ebay I've shopped online. I know some of you are squeamish about putting your credit information out there, but if you use a fraud protected credit card and a secure site, you'll be fine.

The year I had CWGIII, I was just too tuckered out to shop. I was delighted to find many items online that came with free giftwrapping. It saved my life. That was the year I ordered Charles a cologne giftpack from Fragrance.com. They sent me an e-mail a day or so later saying it was backordered. But guess what? They sent an even larger bottle at the same price. How cool is that?

I've found a site that I like that I think is helpful...
www.StealDeals.net You can shop by store, coupon, category, or item. They have lots of brand name stores, and they put it all there together for you. The site has been up and running for 18 months, and it's easy to navigate. You can really save some money if you take the time you would have spent in line at a store and search online. Not to mention save your feet and sanity.

This year I found that crazy looking
Roboreptile and a Darby Dog. The key to online shopping is to make sure you do it early enough for the items to get to you before Christmas. Or if you're a procrastinator, pay for overnight delivery. But I warn you it will cost you, and you'll probably lose out on the savings you got with your coupons.

I think I got some great deals. Don't ever pay full price for stuff you can get cheaper. Trust me on this one. It's worth it.

No comments: