Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Doctor Will See You Now


The doctor will see you now" are words seldom heard today. When they are spoken the "now" hardly indicates the time you will actually be seen by the doctor. I have had enough experience lately to know how the term "patient" came to refer to the one seeking medical attention. It takes a mountain of patience to stay the course beginning with the appointment and ending with a face to face encounter with the doc.

Waiting rooms are merely a tool to compensate for the physician's limitations. He is limited as to how many patients he can see and treat within an interval of time. He is also limited by the unpredictable number of interruptions he will receive in the course of a day. And as is true for all humans, there is a limit to how much he can physically, mentally, and emotionally endure.

I am so glad that I serve a God that can be touched with the feelings of my aches and pains--a God that is never too busy, distracted, or tired to take my call. Jehovah Rapha has no secretaries or waiting rooms. No appointments are necessary to see Him. He will allow no interruptions when He is tending to my needs. I have His full attention when I talk to Him.

There is no case too hard for Him-no mutating strain(viral or bacterial) that He can not eradicate, no emotional or mental anguish He can not cure. He even knows just how to treat those ailments with no name, origin, or apparent cause. Pain is no match for Him! Psalms 103:3 makes it clear that the Lord is the one who forgives all our sins and heals ALL of our diseases.
No wonder He is called "The Great Physician".

If you have a need today, I can testify: "The Doctor will see you now". PT2006

5 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Keep these Wednesday posts coming! They are like hearing directly from God!

Bless you as you bless others.

Diane

Lisa said...

Very nice post, Cindy...how very true your words are.

If only I could remember this more?? It would make things/life much easier, wouldn't it? God has been trying to get thru to me for a while to draw closer to him...and I am! Slowly but surely.

Thx for the great reminder! God is Great!

Merry Christmas!!

C. H. Green said...

Actually the credit for this post goes to my sister, pt2006, who has been doing a Worship Wednesday segment for a couple of months now. Glad you enjoyed her writing.

Nancy said...

Amen, and lets all be thankful for our Great Physician!

Saija said...

pt2006 hit the nail on the head, didn't she?

blessings in 2007!!!