Monday, December 18, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho!


Santa's come early around here. Guess I've been good enough. Whew! I've been playing this little gem since Friday night when I got it. Found it in the classifieds and got a U-haul that night to get it home. I had it tuned to 440 concert pitch today, and it sounds wonderful. The technician said it was almost new. Can you believe it? I wish I could find a way to play a bit and record it for you. If anyone knows how, let me know.

The gentleman we bought it from gave Chase three brand new John Thompson First Grade books. They are exactly the same books I learned on, and I had a lot of fun showing Chase one of the ones I had had all these years. With the exception of stickers and penciled notes, it was exactly the same. I hope he gets as much pleasure from music as I have through the years.

Now we can have Christmas carols on Christmas Day!

2 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Perfect! What a great piano! There's just nothing like Christmas Carols in your own home!

Congratulations!

Diane

Lisa said...

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano! How awesome for you! Perfect timing for the holiday season...can I come over??

Enjoy!