Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Do the FROG thing. (Fully Rely on God)



Question: Three frogs are sitting on a Lilly pad. One frog decides to jump off. How many frogs are left on the Lilly pad?
Answer: Three

Let me explain. One frog "decided “to jump." But there is a big difference between deciding to do something and actually doing it. The difference is COMMITMENT. Commitment can be defined as a promise, pledge, or vow. These words are much stronger than plan, desire, or intention. These words are serious and demand response.

Once the frog is airborne you can say he is committed.

It is that time of year again, when many of us will make resolutions for the coming year. We will start out with gusto only to lose steam as the days pass by. Then enthusiasm will dwindle because we did not make true commitments, we only had good intentions.

Like the frog, we must get airborne to change decisions into commitments. We must depend on our heavenly Father to strengthen us spiritually, physically, and mentally. We can accomplish all that we set out to do as long as He is our strength.

We must take to heart the words of Zechariah 4:6.
"Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of Hosts."
We must echo the Apostle Paul and declare; "I CAN do ALL things through CHRIST who STRENGTHENS me."

Praying for you to have a Happy and Prosperous New Year, PT2006

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will write out Zechariah 4:6, stick it on the fridge as I commit to losing around 60 lbs. in 2007 and . . . read the Bible from Genesis to Revelations and . . . complete my novel! Oy! Great post.

Anonymous said...

Yes! And Zechariah 4:6 is KEY. I think the reason many of our resolutions fail is because they're done in the flesh--but by His Spirit, we're changed, empowered, and gently moved forward. Thanks for an inspiring post! And thanks for your visits to Light for the Writer's Soul. May 2007 bring amazing blessings your way!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to find something like this going through Blogger. I remember trying to learn that verse that Paul wrote. I will use it in the New Year as I try to find a new job.
Thank you for posting the verse and the story about the frog.

Have a good New Year!

Owen Gardner

Anonymous said...

F.R.O.G. fully rely on God and I just love this! I am preparing a childern's sermon using FROG - Thank you so much for inspiration --

LSM, in TEXAS