Sunday, June 18, 2006

To my Husband:

For 7 of the 10 years we've been married, you have been a wonderful daddy to our son. You have spent time with him doing kid things like t-ball coaching, Chuck E. Cheese, theme parks, museums, and vacations. You have made sure he has had food on the table and clothes on his back and an arsenal of army men to keep him entertained. He has been to places other kids have never heard of, knows about stocks and mutual funds, knows the words to a hundred gospel songs, and has developed a tender heart to give and share with others. He has learned to be friendly and helpful. He has learned to pray. Evidently you're always right --because he's always on your side; I don't have a chance in an argument. I hope that when we're old and gray he still feels the very same way about you. Chase loves you so much. And for all these reasons and more, I love you. I don't ever want to destroy that child's faith in you. I'm sorry if the stress of this past year has caused me to be not so pleasant. I'm sorry if it has caused me to be not so patient with you. As the days go by, he is beginning to look more and more like his handsome daddy. He will be a heartbreaker, that's for sure. You done good, honey. Happy Father's Day.
Love,
B.C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy please call me at home ASAP
Tim

tam said...

How sweet this is...how thoughtful...