Saturday, June 03, 2006

Say Goodnight Gracie

Today I got to type the words, "THE END." I must admit I have mixed emotions. It's like leaving a long time friend. However, all of you writers know that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Now comes the hard part, the editing, rewriting, pitching, promoting, publishing, and selling. I've got a long row to hoe. Hubby can't wait to print it out and read it in its entirety. I still have to name the chapters and find the scripture tags I want for them. It landed at 55, 870 words, but still could become more or less in the rewrite. I'm just happy I have a story. Now I need a book!

I read the ending to hubby, and he cried. But he's not a good indicator as soft-hearted as he is. It did produce the desired effect, for which I am thankful. And it seemed to make sense to him to end it the way I did. Aren't you just dying to find out? Aren't you just dying to read it? I know I am, and I've lived with it these past six months. LOL. And the best part? I've got two pages written on the next one, which may or may not be a sequel. I haven't decided yet. Yes, I have the bug.

Well, I have to go. I've got a million things running through my mind. Hubby says even if he has to stand on the street corner and peddle them, he's going to see that it makes it to print. We'll see. Later guys. And thanks for spurring me on. Lisa, if you see Porch, tell him all I needed was that swift kick in the pants from him. (See my New Year's Resolution post.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like I will be the first to say congratulations. (The advantage of having to work early on Sunday morning.) :-) It was a long road for you, I know. Though I know you still have a lot to do with it, I hope it takes you all the way. Great job!!!

Diane Viere said...

CINDY!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO! YIPPEEE!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! PRAISE THE LORD...and pass that book my way!

Congratulations!

Diane

Sonya said...

Hooray!!! Snoopy Dance!!! I am so happy for you! You are an inspiration (and a hard worker!) it takes a lot of 'stick to it-ness' to write a novel and you did it!!

Happy hugs to you!

someone else said...

Woohoo! "The End" for the beginning!! Good luck on the next phase.

tam said...

Woo Hoo! (seems to be the call tag and it was my first thought anyway!)

Hurray! (i can see the crowds cheering, confetti falling, trumpets blaring)

HOW So totally WOW! It's done...'

Yes, dying to find out, yes dying to read it!

I know I am a new reader of yours and there are many standing in line to get their hands on this story! but I would lend my editing skills out for free! Happily!

Congratulations!

rena said...

Congratulations!! And yes, I am dying to read it!! Sure hope it gets published and released in Canada...hint, hint, hint!!

C. H. Green said...

Thanks for celebrating with me. It was quite a day I must say. Would you believe that last night (at midnight) the Discovery channel had two programs on that gave me exactly what I needed to fill in some gaps? I told my husband, what are the odds? He said, "Slim to none." It's a sign.
Smile.

Karla said...

Congratulations on finishing your book! Can't wait to see it in print! =)