Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Whom the Son Has Set Free

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and condolences. The Lord is strengthening us for the days ahead. Overall, we are doing okay. As we shoot our fireworks tonight, we will be doing so in memory of her and in celebration of her Independence Day. She's free from the cares of this world. At one point during her ordeal right before she passed she had the sweetest grin across her face, and I believe the Lord was showing her everything He had lovingly prepared for her. We gathered around her bedside and gave thanks for our heritage and the precious gift of her life. She's climbed her last mountain and planted her flag in glory. I like to think that maybe she and all my loved ones are having a picnic on the shores of the crystal river today--just waiting and planning that great Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And let me tell ya friends, there WILL be fried pies there, if she has any say in it. I just wish you could have known her. Obituary.

3 comments:

rena said...

Wow, that gave me goosebumps. You are so right...she is free indeed, and all Heaven parted for her and Her Lord to meet. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your special day

someone else said...

What a lovely, lovely post! I hope your days ahead will be peace-filled ones.

Anonymous said...

I've been away for awhile Cindy. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. She is in a good place now, looking over all of you. I hope you and your family are doing well.