Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Long-Winded Letter

I've got a new post up at Writer...Interrupted. Well, it was new yesterday. I've been buried under work after coming off a very busy weekend. My neice got married Saturday on Chase's birthday, and CWGIII was a ringbearer, CWGJr officiated, and I ran the soundboard and cued the bridesmaids. It was a gorgeus wedding, but I'm glad it's over. After the wedding we celebrated my baby's birthday at the Mexican restaurant in town. Then on Sunday we drove down to Jackson, Tennessee to celebrate with my side of the family. After getting to have two parties, my son finally forgave Jenn for planning her wedding on his birthday. I think.

I've had more computer problems to the tune of $130. I had to get a new power source for the Compaq laptop. Please remember to unplug your laptop before moving. Those cords are very delicate as are the inner workings of the jacks you plug them into. I know, I recently killed Hewlitt-Packard. They sautered the contacts back, and it lasted all of 5 minutes. Thankfully I had my hubby's newer Compaq for backup when that happened a few months ago. And then yesterday is when the power source on it failed. But a couple hours later and a little bit poorer, I was back in business. The snafu put me behind by two hours, and I completed one file at midnight last night. I just completed the other a few moments ago. Neither was late, but I'm exhausted.

Add to that gearing up for Thanksgiving, and you have a recipe for exhaustion, which it seems many of us are dealing with--and the holidays aren't even here yet. I'm making a couple of Coconut Raisin Chess pies, a Coconut Chess pie minus the raisins, and a homemade banana pudding complete with meringue. Lord willing, if I live that long. We are taking food to my Grandpa in the nursing home, then having lunch with my sisters, then traveling back to Paris to have supper with my hubby's family. Whew! Pray for us as we travel.

I'm thanking God this week for a full-time job in Paris with benefits for my husband. No, it hasn't materialized yet. But I figure I'll get my thank-you in early, God. I know you have something better for him. He's getting so worn out and depressed over this situation. I know you have a master plan. I know it isn't easy for him, and Lord, he's so hard to live with when he's miserable. Please, please intervene. I'm worried about his health and state of mind. God, you can fix this.

I'm thanking God for health, for the good reports I got at the doctor's this month, regardless of the weight and cholesterol issues. Thank you, Lord that there were no critical test results. Thank you for giving me strength for another day and the days to come.

I'm thanking God for my family and extended family. I have wonderful family members. I so enjoy getting to see all of them and visit. And I'm getting new family members as well. Welcome, Ryan, to our family. (Jenn's new husband).

I'm thanking God for a son who is making straight A's. We have to fight over homework and piano lessons, but he gets them done. When he woke up on Saturday I asked him, "How's the birthday boy?" And he said without missing a beat, "It's been a great 7 years!" What a precious gift I have in him. Thank you God for keeping him safe at school each day.

I'm thanking God for meeting my needs. What a wonderful God we serve.

I could go on and on and on. And this week I will remember more blessings to give thanks for as we approach Thanksgiving Day. Please take time to count your blessings and give thanks for them to the One who gave them.

And now, I'll quit my blabbering and get to that laundry that's been piling up and make that grocery list. Good thing I'm sending CWGJr. to Wal-Mart. I sure do hate it this time of year. (But THANKFUL we have one.)

Holidays
Wal-mart
Precious gifts

1 comment:

Diane Viere said...

YOU energize me! Man--you've got a lot on your plate! And how wonderful that you not only muster up the strength to get everything done--you do it with a "thankfulness" smile!

God Bless you Cindy--have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Diane

P.S. I'm heading to the kitchen right now--I have a 'hankerin' for a piece of pie! Happen to have a store bought--apple pie on the counter that will have to suffice! Homemade pies...YUM!!!