Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just Do It (Even if you're a day late)


Worship Wednesday:
Due to a technical e-mail glitch, this post was received at 18 minutes past midnight, making it technically a Thursday Thought. Anyway, it's a good read.

As noted in last week’s post; the righteous are the people who consistently live in right standing with God. When one is in right standing with God then he will be in right standing with his fellow man.

One illustration of the two relationships resembles a plus sign or a cross. The vertical line is the relationship between man and God. The horizontal line represents the relationship of man to man. When the form of the cross is correct, the lines are intersecting at right angles. The view of the cross is distorted when the lines are skewed.

The key to being righteous is keeping the cross in view. One must keep both the vertical and horizontal lines straight. When the horizontal line lists, care must be taken to check the condition of the vertical line. It is certain when the vertical line sways the horizontal will also be affected. The cross of Calvary; love, mercy, forgiveness, sacrifice with pure motive; will always be the pattern to follow to get one’s cross in its correct form and to put relationships in the right angle.

The 23rd and 24th verses of Matthew chapter 5 give one example of making the angles right. The NIV reads this way: “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.” Again the Gospel records this observation; “Anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.” I John 4:20

The RIGHT thing - just do it. 11/08/06 PT2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes we forget that loving other people, always, is important. (Or at least, I forget this from time to time.)And when I'm angry at someone and holding a grudge toward them, it does affect my relationship with God. It's harder for me to go to God with all of that anger on my heart. And if I do, He reminds me that I need to forgive whoever I may feel has done me wrong just as He has forgiven me.

Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I hope Carla listens as well as she writes. I have known her ALL my life & I think she is full of crap. Are her relationships at the right angle?? Let's talk about splinters and planks. delete away baby delete away.

Dave said...

I like to think along these lines:

The key to being righteous is keeping Christ in view.

We are LDS, and one of our past leaders had a sign on his desk that read simply, "Do it".

great post.