Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Learning Experiences

It was about a year ago when I first ventured onto the internet by myself. Then in the spring of this year I began to blog. The more I have explored and read the better I have gotten at surfing and working with different components of blogging. I have consulted the help links. I have gone to veteran bloggers for instructions. I have attended a class on basic Word. But the applications that have really stayed with me are the ones I have learned by trial and error. I guess it is because of all the time and work invested to reach the desired result.

Learning spiritual lessons has not been any different, except I have been training since childhood. Early growth came from receiving instruction and discipline from my mother. I listened to my Sunday School teachers and my grandmothers. When I learned to read, Bible story books taught me right from wrong through accounts of the heroes of old. I even attended Bible college. But the lessons that I am reminded of most often are the ones I have learned from my trails and triumphs.

There is a group of ladies called the Chapelaires. They are a gospel singing group from my old home church. One song that captures the essence of this post is called, “That’s just His way”. It goes like this.

He lets me walk down roads of disappointment. He watches and He knows what’s best for me. My greatest strength comes through my darkest trial. And my greatest joy is knowing that He can trust in me.
Chorus: That’s just His way, of telling me He loves me. A love beyond all human understanding. I won’t question trials that bring me to my knees. That’s just His way of telling me He loves me.
If I’m successful walking through this dark valley, I know He’ll give me strength to climb the highest hill. The more I’m tried the better He can mold me. To change my life completely, to fit His perfect will.


Life lessons are not always easy but they can always be profitable. Observe the righteous. Avoid the ungodly. Make note of your mistakes and how they were remedied. Let your failures be the pavement for your road to success. Let your sins be few and your prayers be many. Always remember that God loves you and will be with you through all your ups and downs. And when you are tried, you will come forth as pure gold.

6Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
I Peter 1:6-9

1 comment:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I don't think God wastes any experiences we go through to teach us things...We just have to be teachable. Love the quote. It gives one a lot to think about.

Hugs!