Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poetry Anyone?







Pop Quiz: What famous poet appears in the image above?


I stole an idea from Delia and created a spinoff blog for my poetry. I've been meaning to open up a new place for that purpose alone, since some people aren't poetry buffs. If you're interested, you can mosie on over. If not, I'm content to sit and visit with you here where you're more comfortable. I might warn you first though, I sometimes tend to be brooding and dark over there.

Also, and I know I don't need to mention this to some of you, but all material is copyrighted, and therefore permission is required from me before reposting. You are welcome to link to those pages, though, if you like. Critiques are also welcome. Read with an open mind and remember that a lot of the things posted originally may have been written at a different time in my life and do not necessarily represent my thoughts, feelings, or actions at the time you are reading. It is a literary blog. And as with a lot of my writing, the elements of fiction are present at times. Unlike this real time, real life stuff you are reading now. But as we all know, our creative works are a reflection of us and our experiences in totality. So whatever you find, good or bad, it's all me.

Also, some of the poems have been posted here already. If you are a frequent reader of this blog, it may be a few days before you come across anything new. And for those regular readings who don't give a flip about literary and poetic waxings and wanings, I totally understand. I will not be offended in the slightest if you don't go by. As long as you keep coming to see me here, I'll be content. Smiles. I love my bloggy friends.

P. S. Sista Cala has posted a pic on her blog, Timeless Text Messages, but I rather prefer this one:

5 comments:

Sista Cala said...

Thanks sis, I was much prettier then. But I still have my no lip grin. lol

C. H. Green said...

You better get to bed...or you will pay for it tonight on the night shift. And then you won't be smiling. LOL.

Delia said...

I love your new blog and I've bookmarked it.

Sista Cala said...

Hey, I was just browsing my bloglines and noticed at the end of each of your posts it says; @CH Green 2005. Thought it odd that your new stuff was tagged w/2005.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that pic, and she is still just as lovely as ever.