Saturday, June 30, 2007

All in Due Time

I've heard it said that we make time for what is important to us, and while I have found this to be somewhat true, I am still unable to find enough hours in the day for ALL the things I find important these days. Even after prioritizing my so-called "free" time--searching, scraping for extra hours or minutes alone here and there, I am more often than not, coming up empty-handed. Perhaps I just have too many irons in the fire at the moment.

It seems with work I have been catching up and catching up and not really ever getting ahead. My quota renews itself each pay period. The only way I get ahead with it is to work double one day or a couple of days in order to have two or three in a row. That leaves little time for other pursuits--like writing or reading.

But I did find a wonderful little bookstore over in Union City where you can trade your paperbacks. I came home with four Cornwell books I hadn't read, two or three Ann Rule titles (She writes true crime stories), and 3 Writers' magazines. Now if I can just find time to read them all, catch up on my blogging, and the laundry--the never ending laundry pile, I would be in good shape.

I have also contacted a cousin who has been to Iraq and requested some impressions of the landscapes, people, culture, and what-not over there, all as research for From the Dust of Rose Hill. No, my writing is never far from my mind. It simmers on a back burner, and its aroma beckons me back time and time again. I'm keeping an eye on it, so that it does not boil dry. I have not forgotten. I know your patience with me might be running thin with me. But there is a time for everything. And it will all come together in due time. All in due time.

1 comment:

Diane Viere said...

Cindy,

Yes, all in due time. Even when the key strokes are silent, there is writing going on.....writers must live in the world to find their material. What a great idea for research....since it wouldn't be a good idea to travel to Iraq anytime soon!

I hope you find some unexpected down time really soon.....to start the work of writing. In the meantime....keep researching...keep living! You never know what chord may strike an interesting chapter or two!

Have a great day.

Diane