Saturday, December 29, 2007

From the Stench of the Pile

I had no idea that there was so much info out there on shoveling manure. Sure my sister used the phrase metaphorically, but there are several benefits of physical labor. Here are just a few notes for your amusement.
(Cindy's note: LOL...leave it to you to google horse hockey. I'm laughing my butt off.)

Here's a good book for all you city folk."How to Shovel Manure and Other Life Lessons for the Country Woman" by Gwen Petersen (Author) Ran across this at Annie's Country Journal.
(Cindy's note: You have GOT to be kidding!)


An old article in the Chicago Sun-Times shares how shoveling manure will raise one's GPA. Additional info from Yahoo News 07-15-2001 "Pastor Charlie Sharpe of heartland acknowledges that the manure shoveling was smelly, dirty work, but said none of the children had to do it for longer than 40 minutes. ‘If shoveling manure is abuse, then I was abused and every kid raised on a farm with livestock was abused. No…they are absolutely wrong. This is about discipline,’ said Sharpe.” Discipline, now that's one way manure can change lives.
(Cindy's note: Will pass this on to my sheriff friend.)

And one blogger has written; "There is just no end to the manure you have to shovel in this world. I swear, this is the one and only truth. I sometimes imagine there are invisible critters I never see, but ... they enter my rooms, stories, or poems, or any other place I thought I'd polished, cleaned, perfected, and they start crapping." Author's note: you can find this writer through google, I just didn't want to endorse him with a link.
(Cindy's note: Knows all about those little critters and their droppings.)

There is even a site called Manureshovel.com where you can find all the manure removal and applicator equipment you'll ever need. I have heard of spreading manure but I didn't know that there were tools made just for the job.
(Cindy's note: I don't think you need any, you're spreading it just fine. LOLOLOL.)

2 comments:

C. H. Green said...

LOLOL...I hope I don't lose some readers who might think my blog has turned to a load of horse hockey. LOLOLOL

Sista Cala said...

Thanks for posting this sis, I'm laughing all over again.