Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Come on & Ring Those Bells

Sleigh bells, silver bells, dinner bells, golden bells, jingle bells and bells of Christmas day, they all have their own rings and each their own message. Each have their appointed times, but the bells of Christmas day should be heard year 'round.

Seems like the bells of evil are ringing louder than ever. Every day the news is filled with stories of violence and crime. The whole world seems to be possessed or depressed. The feel good stories are few and far between…..in the news, that is. Thank God for the Good News of the Gospel. It is news that never fades. The news that brings hope to the hopeless, health to the ailing, strength to the weak, finances to the broke, and life to the dead. I’m so glad the bells of the Gospel drown out the sirens of the world. And I'm thankful for the one who penned the words of this Christmas song.

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

I heard the bells on Christmas day, their old familiar carols play. And wild and sweet the words repeat of peace on earth, good will to men. I thought as now this day had come. The belfries of all Christendom had run so long, the unbroken song of peace on Earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head; there is no peace on Earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song, of peace on Earth good will to men. Then pealed the bells more loud and deep, God is not dead, nor doth He sleep. The wrong shall fail. The right prevail, with peace on Earth, good will to men.

Don't forget to ring those golden bells......

No comments: