Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Worship Wednesday

You may have noticed that WW was a bit later than usual today. I just didn't feel like posting last night. Some sort of stomach bug got the best of me. They may be microscopic in size, but they can sure do a number on the body. Anyway, this morning, I awoke feeling much better. I said "Thank you, Lord." So grateful that through my illness, He was with me.


Sometimes it is difficult to see God at work when we are in pain, discomfort, or grief. Then when it is all over, we look back and realize that He was there all along. Scripture teaches us that Christ was chosen before the foundation of the world to be our Savior. Not only our Savior, but all that He is. These hymn writers of old penned it well.

Our God, Our Help in Ages Past by Isaac Watts and William Croft

O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast, and our eternal home!

Under the shadow of Thy throne still may we dwell secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone, and our defense is sure.

Before the hills in order stood, or earth received her frame,
From Everlasting Thous art God, to endless years the same.

O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come;
Be thou my guide while life shall last, and our eternal home.

No comments: