Saturday, May 26, 2007

Updates

My little one has been sick with what appears to be one of those 24-hour bugs, and on his first full day out of school no less--a parting gift. All I could get down him yesterday was ice chips and water. I felt so sorry for him. But he slept good, and woke up this morning wanting breakfast, so we will see if it stays down.

My grandfather is still critical. The prognosis is not good. The bleeding that he was experiencing last year and bounced back from has returned. And as his heart condition has not changed, they still are unable to do any exploratory surgery. He is also in renal failure, and they are treating him for bronchitis. I left Chase with his Dad last night and drove down for a visit. He is growing weaker, and had a few moments of confusion, but he knew who I was and was able to talk to me and my sisters. My grandmother, who earlier in the week expressed understanding of the medical situation, last night was talking about finding a new doctor to help him. I haven't heard this morning yet how his night went. Sista Cala was working the night shift in the lab, so I know she checked on them through the night. Continue to pray for us during the days ahead.

I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. Watch out for the other guy on the road, and have a good time. Thank you to all our servicemen and women who are bravely and proudly serving our country. And we honor those who have fallen in the line of duty for their sacrifice. Our freedom comes at a price. Thank you for being willing to do what it takes to ensure it.

No comments: