Friday, December 16, 2005

Mystery Solved

Some of you have inquired about the title of my blog, so I thought I would share with you how it came to be. It really is no mystery to some of you, if you think about it.

I have a home office/receiving room off my front foyer. It's where I write, receive company, and go when I want to curl up with a good book away from the television. It has a vaulted ceiling and a very big arched window. I like to think of it as my library, although I have books scattered in every room of the house.

On the wall high above me, above my husband's and my diplomas, I hung an 18" ivy wreath. I thought it looked classic and fit in with the theme of the room, and with the high ceilings, it took up alot of empty space. I can look up from where I am seated at my laptop and see it.

I suppose it is stretching the title a bit to give it a double meaning, but if you think about it, the Roman officials wore ivy garlands on their heads. So, if you picture me with an ivy wreath on my head, what is in my brain would naturally be what is beneath the wreath...and voila, there you have it. Mystery solved.

No comments: