Wednesday, July 02, 2008

WW Fireside Testimony


Earlier this week I awoke to the smell of smoke. It was just a faint odor but enough to arouse my curiosity. I went to the front door and looked around my yard. The grass was charred within 25 feet of my porch and I could see flames in the brush.

Then I yelled,"Dale! Fire!". Without hesitation (or shoes), I ran to the well-house and grabbed the hose. I ran as fast as I could through the back yard and around the side where the flames were nearing our propane tank. As I began to spray the water, I looked up and saw a young fireman working to quench the flames. He said, "We're taking care of this." I replied with a thank you and retreated into the house.

Long story short, the fireworks fun of the previous night turned into a fire that could have easily taken our lives and destroyed our home. Thank God for an observant neighbor. Thank God for our local Volunteer Fire Department. Thank God they got there in time. Thank God for sparing our lives and our home.


Praying that you will have a happy, fun, and safe Fourth of July. Remember those who paid the price for our freedom and give thanks to the One who gave His life that we could be free. And if you happen to see any of your local firemen give them a smile and an encouraging word for me.


1 comment:

C. H. Green said...

I am grateful as well. Chase and I have been praying for all our family at night and that God would keep us from fire, flood, storms, evil people, and anything that would harm our family. I know God had his hand on you and Uncle Dale. God is good.