Saturday, March 17, 2007

An Irish Blessing For You Today

My friend, Diane, is hosting the Parenting segment at Faith Lifts, and has asked me for an article. You can read my contribution here. . There will be others contributing in the following months, so be sure to drop by frequently. Thank you, Diane, for moderating this segment and asking me to participate. Diane, You're the best! (And that's not just a bucket o' blarney!)

And since I am Irish--well, Scotch-Irish. (My grandfather was a McCoy, and My grandmother a Campbell.), I was going to post an Irish blessing this morning. I noticed Diane posted the most well known one.But I found some more that might interest you here. I liked this one:

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.

And I'll leave you with this one:

May the friendships you make,
Be those which endure,
And all of your grey clouds
Be small ones for sure.
And trusting in Him
To Whom we all pray,
May a song fill your heart,
Every step of the way.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I absolutely love yesterday's story! God does definitely do things we do not expect. I just read this week that if you have the kind of key that unlocks the door with a fob, and someone has a cell phone and another key to your car, they can actually open your car door by clicking it into the speaker area of the cell phone. Isn't that amazing??

Bill said...

I loved the poem. Thank you for sharing it. I pray that the poem would apply to you as well.

Bill

Sista Cala said...

I like the part about having the insight to know when you are going too far. Sometimes I am so busy looking at the anticipated end result that I fail to realize just what all I am disturbing along the way. I'm not sure if I have the luck of the Irish, but I did get the mischievious streak and I am full of blarney......lol