Saturday, June 07, 2008

One Day at a Time

A LOT has changed in the last couple of weeks. I have moved back home with my son. We are adjusting. But we are okay. Someone told me before I left that they hoped I found what I was looking for. It's not necessarily that I was looking for anything. I just needed some peace. And rest. Three years without sleep will turn you into someone you don't even recognize. I did not like what I was becoming. And so I guess you could say I had lost me. And hopefully, in the months ahead, I will indeed find what I am looking for--the me I want to be.

I have gone through many emotions--the full range of anger, sadness, relief, confusion, bitterness--you name it. But I came to the conclusion that the only person I could control was me. And if things were going to change, it had to be up to me to bring it about. And so here I am. Just taking it one day at a time.

No comments: